What is Blog4NZ?
Blog4NZ is a grass-roots effort on the part of the international travel blogging community to promote all that is good about travel in New Zealand, Canterbury and Christchurch. It is a worldwide blogging event that is running from the 21st to 23nd of March — the one-month anniversary of the quake.
Following the devastating earthquake in Christchurch on February 22 this year, New Zealand has been in shock. It’s going to take a lot of love and a lot of cash to help rebuild the city. Tourism makes up approximately 10% of New Zealand’s GDP and it is essential for the world to know that New Zealand is open for business, and that it doesn’t look like a war zone.
What we are doing
- We are asking bloggers and travel websites around the world to publish at least one positive post on travel in New Zealand on March 21-23 March, 2011.
- We are providing guest posts and photo essays that may be used royalty-free for those who would like to take part, but haven’t been to New Zealand.
- We are talking with key New Zealand tourism organisations to ensure maximum impact and exposure.
- We are combing all those posts in one central location so people can see, repost, and retweet those they like.
- Bloggers and publishers will be able to post a logo and optional link with their stories, as well as have access to widgets for their sidebar, etc.
How you can take part
Sign up using this form and more details will be forthcoming!
Who’s behind Blog4NZ?
Blog4NZ is being organised by a small group of travel bloggers in collaboration with key tourism groups in New Zealand. Most organisation is being done by:
• Jim McIntosh from Holes in My Soles
• John Reese from the French Way Travel Blog
• Craig Martin from the Indie Travel Podcast
• Dan Roberts from Travel Generation